Abundance is defined as an extremely plentiful or over-sufficient quantity or supply. In John 10:10 we finally grasp hold of the source of abundance- that is Jesus, our Saviour. In Him we experience all that we could ever need. Jesus has come to heal our emptiness, He has come to fill a void, that nothing in this world can satisfy. How does Jesus fill the emptiness, He fills it with real joy, love and peace~ He fills us with the Holy Spirit.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I'm Forgiven and loved

My mind has not been at peace or in order for a very long time. In fact it has been so long that I have forgotten what it was like to live at peace. Bogged down by the weight of my guilt and consumed with a list of work that needs to be done in my life in order to measure up and to rectify my past. I'm working a full-time job like I can earn my own salvation but God, You take me as I am. I have bought the lie that I still have work to do to clean myself up & come into Your presence, but you accept me for who I am and say that there is no condemnation for me. On the basis of Your grace, God I have received my salvation that is secure. I certainly did nothing to receive it and can not do anything to diminish it. Jesus, You died to rectify my past decisions and sins and Your blood commands my guilt to flee. You call me Your child and say that I am forgiven and set free from the grips of my past. My sin no longer defines me because I have resolved to walk in a new way of life. I am shaking the shackles off my feet so I can dance for Jesus and praise my God. I now give my life to follow in obedience everything I believe in, completely surrendered~ that is LIFE IN ABUNDANCE!!!! Often I am tempted to be hard on myself and question how I could fall into a sin like anorexia but the truth is the Lord was not surprised. In fact He knew every lie I would believe before I even heard it. He knows our very weaknesses and every fault. He knows our deepest sins that we have committed in what we thought was secret. Yet in spite of all of these things He stands with open loving arms to forgive & embrace us. God calls satan the accuser and I can say from experience that name is suiting. He knows that if he keeps us consumed with ourselves that will inhibit us from being useful for God. That scheme will no longer work with me though. I have figured him out! The devil is working over time to remind me of who I've been but I do not need to carry that weight and burden any longer. My history is His story. He says I can make beautiful things out of dust. It is in these precious promises from my Savior that I can find peace & rest for He says, "As far as the east is from the west , so far has He removed our transgressions from us." Psalm 103:12  Even when I feel like my mistakes and sins are too big for God to forgive He is MIGHTY TO SAVE! "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9 The slate is washed clean and the offense is gone forever. He has already overcome every past, present and future sin I will commit towards Him because He rose and conquered the grave. As Charles Spurgeon put it, "You sin as a finite creature but the Lord forgives as the infinite creator." The reminder of my past is only an opportunity to show how God was mighty in my life and healed me from my sinful past. My future holds so much hope because of the joy set before me~ my salvation and eternity in the presence of my God. The son has set me free and I am free indeed! I am born again into the family of God adopted as His "set apart" daughter seeking only to be Holy and blameless in His sight alone. Not caught up in worldly standards or goals but rather striving to know God and make Him known. In my life be lifted high, Lord Jesus! 







No comments:

Post a Comment